We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Amplify NI uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
In the course of our communications we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- For general updates – your full name and email address. Your IP address is also recorded by our mailing list provider, NationBuilder.
How we use your personal information
We use your full name and email address to:
- Send quarterly emails keeping you updated on Amplify NI’s work.
In future, we may use your email address to contact you about other ways to get involved with Amplify NI.
Who we share your personal information with
We will not share your personal information with any other third parties.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
How long your personal data will be kept
We will hold your email address on our mailing lists until you decide to unsubscribe. We will delete your details if you unsubscribe.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on Consent (that you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose) as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your name and email address),
- let us know the information to which your request relates
- If you would like to unsubscribe from any email updates you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 28 days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 21 May 2018 and last updated on 21 May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com, write to Amplify NI, 18 Ormeau Avenue - Belfast - BT2 8HS
Telephone: 020 8980 6263
Fax: 020 8981 6719